Monday 29 August 2011

When you lose a dear one

Losing a loved one is the saddest and most stressful event in life. Death becomes even hurting when it snatches someone who was not sick i.e. someone you least expect would die. When my mum mysteriously passed away on July 25, 2011 I was crushed with bereavement, a sense of denial, confusion and anger.

My heart was oozing with tears of pain. Her passing away confused me since she didn't complain of any sickness. I had last been with her last December. Since then our communication was mediated by phone! I had spoken to her that Sunday evening little knowing it's our last conversation. The gap mum left is so huge that no one will ever fill it.

But great consolation comes from trust in God the creator and sustainer of our lives. Words of consolation from friends are usually relieving. However, fond memories of her lying in the casket never cease to flash my brain every day. It's unending encouragement and love from friends and colleagues that enable me to gradually move on.

Thank you all for your care, love and comfort. May God bless you in everything to spread care to all bereaved individuals always.

RIP mum!

Mubatsi Asinja Habati

No comments:

Post a Comment